About this training
Would you know what to do if you saw an infant or child in need of first aid?
Having a good understanding of emergency paediatric first aid is incredibly important for the safety of children and it could mean the difference between life and death.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the skills needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, such as performing CPR and controlling external bleeding.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work
This course covers
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and AED
- Minor Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- External bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
Emergency Paediatric First Aid
On location only
Certificate lasts for
QA Level 3 Award in
First Aid (RQF)
*Price per person when you buy a course for the max number of people quoted. Our total fee stays the same regardless of how many people join, (up to the max. quoted).
This qualification is Ofqual regulated and awarded by Qualsafe Awards - the biggest awarding organisation for first aid qualifications in the UK.
How old do I need to be?
How many people?
Up to 12
On location training
Your people, your place, 100% satisfaction
We'll get in touch to arrange training at your site
Our total fee for this course